CO2 Neutral Certification 2022
For the third consecutive year CIT Blaton has received CO2 Neutral certification for the low carbon footprint of its headquarters in Brussels:
- Passive building ever since 2010
- Low energy consumption (presence detectors, twilight sensors, etc.)
- Indoor temperature management (exterior blinds, night cooling, etc. )
- Sustainable procurement, IT equipment and waste management
- The balance of carbon emissions is currently offset by supporting a VCS Certified Climate wind farm project.
New measures are planned to further reduce its carbon footprint:
- Increased number of solar panels from 60 to 150 units
- New 100% renewable energy supply contract
- Vehicle fleet switch to hybrid and electric.
CIT Blaton has begun the process of obtaining a second certification on the so-called 'CO2 Performance Ladder' aimed at measuring and reducing its carbon footprint wherever it operates, including its building sites.